ASC X12 Technical Report Newsletter • Volume 1 Number 1 • May 2010
Health Care Predetermination
Two new ASC X12 Type 3 Technical Reports are available for sale:
- Health Care Predetermination: Professional (005010X291)
- Health Care Predetermination: Institutional (005010X292)
Both describe the use of the ASC X12 Health Care Claim (837) transaction set for the submission and transfer of predeterminations to health care payers and clearinghouses.
Trading partners include:
- Health care providers, such as, physicians, hospitals, and suppliers
- Health care payers, such as, private health care insurers and HMOs, clearinghouses, repricers, VANs, etc.
Links to purchase the predetermination documents
Type 2 Errata
Type 2 Errata are supplements to published Implementation Guides that correct minor discrepancies that do not affect contents of a transmission. One new Type 2 errata is now included in a download package and individually:
- Errata for Health Care Services Review Notification and Acknowledgment (005010X216E2)
The errata document clarifies the use of the 2000A and 2000B loops in the notification and acknowledgment as well as clarifying the business usage for hospital reporting.
All ASC X12 TR3 errata documents are available as a download at no cost. If you purchased 005010X216, download the package again, the errata is included.